RISK STATEMENT – SAILING ON CRANSLEY RESERVOIR
It must be recognised that sailing is by its nature is an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By going out on the water you agree and acknowledge that:
- You are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and you accept responsibility exposing yourself to such inherent risk ;
- You will comply at all times with the rules of Cransley SC, failure to do so may result in your membership of the club being withdrawn.
- You must wear a buoyancy aid whilst on the water, in the duty hut and on the pontoon
- Wear sailing clothing suitable for the time of year and weather conditions. Cold water shock is a killer so do not put yourself at risk;
- You accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by your own negligence;
- You will not participate in sailing activities whilst your ability to skipper or crew a dinghy is impaired by alcohol, drugs or whilst otherwise unfit to participate
- A responsible adult over the age of 18 years must ensure that youths under the age of 18 are fully aware of the above.
Cransley Sailing Club is an RYA Recognised Training Centre, and its RYA Senior Instructors, RYA Coaches and other persons coaching, training or operating powerboats under their direction or on their behalf do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or injury suffered by persons and/or their property arising out of or during the course of their activities whilst training and/or coaching and/or instructing unless such injury loss or damage was caused by, or resulted from negligence or deliberate act.